Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Beginning

Days Until Departure: 13

A mediocre start to what should be an interesting blog just based on the subject matter.

I was lucky enough to get hired with the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to work as a biologist at the Yukon Delta NWR in Alaska for ten weeks this summer. Since Alaska is inherently fascinating, I assume that a blog about my adventures in the largest and northernmost state would be at least of interest to some people (if only friends and family).

I'm also fortunate enough to borrow a Canon EOS from a friend, so I can at least pepper the blog with pretty pictures. I'm new to photography, and the pictures shown here will show my learning curve, and hopefully some improvement.

As for the title of this blog, it's a heavy-handed reference to my favorite comic of all time.

Anyway, please enjoy my ramblings about ducks, cold weather, 20 hour days, et cetera.

No comments:

Post a Comment